Teaching Excellence Awards
The University's Teaching Excellence Awards recognise those who have demonstrated a significant and sustained commitment to excellence in teaching, excellence in supporting teaching, or shown significant and successful innovation.
In the past four years, we have three colleagues winning the awards and one runner-up.
- 2011: Dr Minjie Xing, East Asian Studies, runner- up
- 2010: Dr Guyda Armstrong, Italian Studies
- 2009: Dr Joseph McGonagle, French Studies
- 2008: Dr Elena Polisca, Italian Studies
Distinguished Achievement Awards - Teacher of the Year
Teacher of the Year awards recognise individuals whose teaching over the past year has been outstanding. Award winners have demonstrated an ability to communicate ideas effectively and to motivate and stimulate students to learn; and have shown a commitment to innovation and excellence in education.
- 2010-11: Dr Rachel Platonov, Russian and East European Studies
- 2009-10: Dr Nuria Yanez-Bouza, Linguistics and English Language
- 2007-08: Ian Pople, University Language Centre
- 2005-06: Darren Waldron, French Studies